Conditioner is the one and only thing that breathes life into your dull and dry hair. If you start neglecting your hair care routine, you will end up with lifeless and brittle hair which no amount of styling will be able to look good. If your hair is healthy, it will look great no matter how you style it. There are many different hair conditioning treatments available and if you want your hair to look great, you should visit your Manhattan hairstylist regularly to ensure that you have healthy hair.
While it is no replacement for a regular hair treatment by your stylist, you can occasionally give yourself a deep moisturizing treatment to get your hair extra boost and shine. Follow the following steps to give yourself the deep moisturizing treatment that will rejuvenate your hair:
1. Wash your hair with a good shampoo and rinse properly to remove the excess shampoo from your hair.
2. The next step is part your hair into different sections and separate with clips. This will make it easier for you to apply the conditioner, allowing it to penetrate deep into your scalp and hair follicles.
3. Now it’s time to apply the conditioner. Start with one section of your hair and apply conditioner from the scalp to the end of the follicle. Make sure that you apply the conditioner in generous amounts so that it can penetrate deep into the hair.
4. Once you are done with one section of your hair, make sure that you repeat the procedure on all the section till your hair is completely covered in conditioner.
5. Now that your hair is completely covered in conditioner, the next step is to make sure that the conditioner is allowed to penetrate the hair shaft and the scalp to the maximum extent. The best way to do this is to expose your hair to heat in some form. The best way to do this is to dip a towel in warm water and wrap it around your hair.
Another way is heating the towel in the microwave and wrapping it around your hair. All these procedures open up the hair shaft, allowing the conditioner to penetrate deep into your hair and work its magic. Allow your hair to absorb the conditioner for at least 20 to 30 minutes.
6. It’s time to wash your hair now and see how effective the deep conditioning treatment has been. Wash your hair with cold water; applying warm water at this stage will only remove the moisture you have worked so hard to attain. Rinse your hair thoroughly and towel dry. Let them dry out naturally and see how beautifully they have turned out.
By giving yourself this luxurious treatment once a month, you can have shiny, smooth and silky hair all along the year. If this treatment sounds like too much work to you, you can always go to your New York hairstylists and get it done by the experts.
Call now to book an appointment. Anastasia is a salon hair stylist in Oklahoma City, OK. Out of town appointments welcome.